South Africa’s only proudly Afrikaans insurance brand, Virseker, underlined its passion for the language with the announcement of its co-sponsorship of the 2017 Pendoring Advertising Awards. It is Virseker’s debut as a Pendoring sponsor.
Since its inception in 2011, Virseker has been widely acknowledged and known for its service delivery in and support of Afrikaans – the language of the heart of a diverse and colourful collection of South Africans.
Besides traditional insurance such as vehicle, home, movable goods and building insurance, Virseker also offers a wide range of support services, including home, road, entertainment, trauma, towing, legal and medical support, along with its extremely popular ‘Gatsak’ (back pocket) bonus.
Virseker’s passion for Afrikaans, however, goes much further than only insurance:
Stage productions, such as Afrikaans is Groot, where the best Afrikaans music is showcased and celebrated annually lure thousands of fans to sold-out shows.
The Virseker Trust, to which a portion of policyholders’ premiums is allocated, focuses on the promotion of Afrikaans education and has to date, among other things, invested more than R10 million in the founding of the brand new Afrikaans university, Akademia, numerous study bursaries for academically deserving students, the Rapport Education Trust and the development of Afrikaans study applications.
In addition, Virseker recently also started investing in Afrikaans sports development by coming on board as the main sponsor of the Virseker Beker, previously known as the Beeld Trophy.
According to Dawid Botha, spokesperson for Virseker, Pendoring is a logical partner for the insurer: “For over two decades Pendoring has provided a first-class platform for the celebration of excellence in South African advertising, a substantial portion of which is devoted to the promotion of innovation and creativity in Afrikaans advertising, which eventually is framed in the Afrikaans media showcase. For us, it is an immense honour and privilege to back the entire Pendoring project, as well as to sponsor the category “Original Afrikaans’.
This category is open to all advertising mediums and focuses exclusively on any advertisement that has originally been conceptualised and created in Afrikaans.
Franette Klerck, Pendoring GM, adds that Pendoring enjoys strong sponsorship support precisely because the awards acknowledge and promote the importance and value mother-tongue advertising.
“Successful brands like Virseker are well aware that the best way to reach its target market and to create an emotional bond and connection with consumers is to communicate with them in the language that they speak and understand. The language of their hearts,” she emphasises.
• The entry deadline has been extended to Friday, 11 August 2017. Enter online at www.pendoring.co.za. All work commercially published, announced or broadcast for the first time between 1 August 2016 and 31 July 2017 may be entered.
• Join the Pendoring Facebook group or follow @Pendoring_ on Twitter and use the hashtag #Pendoring2017.
The judging will take place at Media Park in Auckland Park on 6-8 September 2017.
The finalists will be announced on Tuesday, 19 September 2017 and the winners at the prestigious gala event at Vodacom World on Friday, 27 October 2017.
- The overall winners of the Prestige and Umpetha awards each wins a cash prize of R100 000 comprising an overseas study trip.
- Each gold winner in every category receives R6 000 cash, and silver winners R2 500 each.
- Gold craft winners each receives R3 000.
- For students, R20 000 are up for grabs: R10 000 for the overall Afrikaans winner, and R10 000 for the overall winner of the other best indigenous language entry.
- The advertiser of the recipient of the Prestige Award will receive free airtime worth R550 000 from kykNET.
Pendoring would like to thank the following sponsors and partners:
Platinum: ATKV, kykNET, Netwerk24, Toyota
Silver: Caxton Community Newspapers, Huisgenoot, Rapport, VIA TV
Bronze: Ads24, Kuier, OFM
Partners: eVati Mineral Water, Leopard’s Leap Wines, Maroela Media, Marklives.com, Newsclip, Richelieu
Online partner: Bizcommunity.com